My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

October 1, 2011

Book Review: Forever Faithful the Complete Trilogy by Karen Kingsbury

All three books of this series are included in one book. It was great because I could keep reading but the downside was the book was very big and heavy. It will make a wonderful e-reader edition though.

Waiting for Morning is the story of Hannah Ryan who looses faith after her husband and daughter are killed by a drunk driver. She becomes angry and bitter while focused on sending Brian Wesley, the drunk driver to jail. She neglects her surviving daughter Jenny who is hurting too. DA Matt Bronzan and Carol Cummings from MADD are believers who try to help Hannah. Meanwhile Brian is trying to deal with what he has done and how it has affected his life.

A Moment of Weakness tells the story of Jade and Tanner. They begin as childhood friends who are separated when one family moves. Later they reunite as adults for a summer but a bad decision tears them apart again. Years later when Jade is going through divorce and a custody battle for her son she finds help from Tanner who now has a law practice with Matt Bronzan from the first book.

Halfway to Forever completes the stories of Hannah, Matt, Jade and Tanner. Hannah and Matt are trying to adopt a child. Jade is pregnant but facing a battle with cancer which causes her to make some tough choices. I had one problem with this book. The chemo drugs are repeatedly described as horrible poisons. Those drugs saved the life of a person very dear to me and it bothered me to have them described in such a negative manner.

I enjoy Karen's books very much. I find myself caught up in the lives of her characters and not wanting to put the book down until I finish and find out what happens. The inspirational message that God loves us and has a plan for our lives is central to each of the three books.

This E-book was sent to me free from Water Brook/Multnomah for my review.

No comments: