My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I haven't posted much lately so I have a bunch of pictures to share today.

Over the weekend I went to Joann's and found these cute cat fabrics. The one on the top reminds me of the calico fabrics my mom would use to make clothes for me and my sister in the 1970's. I love the shades of rose and green which are my favorites. I bought all they had left on the bolt which ended up being 2.5 yards. I might make a summer top with it. I bought a yard of the second one to use for finishing cross stitch projects.






While on the subject of cats my Koko hurt one of his hind legs last weekend but is now feeling much better. Mike said he's been running and climbing like his old self again all day while I was at work. He spent the weekend curled up next to me while I stitched but every time I tried to take a picture he either squinted and made a strange face or yawned.



Here's a progress shot of Ia! Ia! that I have been stitching for Will. He wanted the colors to coordinate with his Cthulhu plushie so this is DMC 700 on Sassy's Spring Shamrocks. This is the bottom section completed. I started the top section this morning but put it aside to work on Castle Sampler during Survivor this evening.



Yesterday I baked this heart shaped chocolate cake for Will. It's been a long time since I did any baking and I enjoyed spending the afternoon in the kitchen. Today is our 11th anniversary and since he loves chocolate so much I spoiled him with cake and his favorite Lindt chocolates in addition to some other gifts. He in turn spoiled me with some new stash including Quackworth, The Old West and Cowboy Dreams.



And finally one more kitty photo. Here are Mama Gus and her daughter by the portable heater in our bedroom. They are so funny trying to stick their faces in as close as possible. We joke that the room never gets warm because the cats suck up all the heat.



And lastly here's this weeks SBQ.

This week's SBQ was suggested by Loretta
and is:

Do you have any projects that you have scrapped and started over? What
made you start over from scratch?

The only one I can think of is Miribilia's Fairy Flora. The original fabric I started her on wasn't big enough. I switched to a different fabric but she ended up in my UFO pile. Maybe next year I'll bring her back out after I finish some of the UFO's I'm committed to working on this year.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your kitties are funny....sticking their little faces in there! LOL!

natty68 said...

Aww hope Koko is okay now. Loved the look of the heart cake, it looks scrummy.

Also just to let you know your birthday surprise won't be too long arriving to you now.

*Hugs*