My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

January 6, 2006

New Year New Projects

The new year has started with snow and rain around here. We had planned to take some day trips this week while DH and I are not working and things have just not gone the way we expected. We ended up deciding this would be a good week to put the car in the shop for a tuneup while neither of us needs it for work.

In stitching this has been a week for new starts for me. Sunday I put the first stitches in Fairy Flora for the Mirabilia SAL. Something reminded me of Ground Hog Day which reminded me of a Bent Creek freebie I have been planning to stitch for ages. I started and finished him on Monday and now I just need to make him into a little pillow. On Tuesday I started a Lanarte 4 Seasons project for one of the Friends Gather SALs. On Wednesday I finally put the first stitches in Kimono Kitty. Unfortunately I got a sinus headache and didn't make much progress. Yesterday I started the Javelina from Feed the Hungry. He is sitting near a prickly pear cactus which is stitched with sampler threads. I couldn't find my Thread Heaven and the sampler threads were giving me fits knotting and tangling. Of course today now that I am working on something else I finally found the Thread Heaven. Today's project in my rotation is my UFO Spring Has Sprung. I hate this project and can't wait to finish it. I love the design and think it is adorable but I just hate stitching it. I call it the evil bunnies. I should do some major stitching on it tonight and see if I can't get these bunnies finished soon.

No comments: