My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

December 21, 2005

What do you mean the mailbox is empty?

It's Wednesday and I have to work which I am not happy about. I also had to work on Monday. It wouldn't be so bad if we actually had customers but it is dead and I spend the time doing nothing and wishing I could be home stitching. Then the mail man just came and all he did was take the bills I was paying and didn't leave us anything! We ordered a cute anime and it shipped last week so it should be here right? I hate it when the mail box is empty at least leave me junk mail so the trip out in the cold was for something even it did go right in the recycle box. Whine! Pout! (Maybe acting silly will cheer me up about going to work.)

I decided to join Carol's Miriabilia SAL and give Fairy Flora another go. I had started it on the wrong size fabric but noticed the problem right away and put it "away". Let me tell you about "away". My mom has a joke that whenever she puts anything "away" it means you can't find it again. Of course it was in the last place I looked and I had dumped stash everywhere. At least I still have all the floss kitted up and only had to buy a bigger piece of fabric. Before work on Monday I had DH take me to Sam's to get a second set of plastic drawers so I can organize my stash a little better. It all fit in one but was so crammed in that I ended up dumping everything whenever I needed to find something.

I have finally finished all the gift ornaments, knitted cat toys, baking, present buying, wrapping, decorating and even bought everything for Christmas dinner last week. Now I'm tring to finish up You Were Hatched. I haven't updated the photos on my WIP page but I do have most of the baby and the mama's body stitched. I did a big portion of the wings and hope to finish them this week and start backstitching.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Chris !
I'm writing to you to say i like you casttle sampler. It's beautiful. I have the design but it's not the only one i have to stitch... They are so many calling to be stitched !
I live in France, near Italy and Switzerland.
Have a merry Christmas !
Christine

Kimmie said...

I am sooooooo with you on the "no mail" thing. We've lived in this house for five years now and I still hate making the trek out to the mailbox for NOTHING. LOL

Merry Christmas!!!

Dawn T. said...

I am looking forward to stitching the TW SAL and Miribilia SAL with you!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.