My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

December 1, 2005

Stitching Rules

Today was not at all what I expected. I had planned to do some decorating for Christmas and then stitch for a bit on You Were Hatched. This morning we woke to the first sunshine in days and the sound of the neighbor using a leaf blower on their very large yard. We have had rain, fog and mist for days so the leaves are soaked. He was basically blow drying the leaves like using a big hair dryer before they would move. By 11AM we had all had enough of the noise from the leaf blower which was so loud you couldn't get away from it. DH was leaving for karate and DB was going to work and I was left stuck at home with the noise. I ended up going to see Harry Potter and had the entire theatre to myself. By the time I got out of the movie it was cloudy and dark again but the neighbor has finished blowing the leaves. I've been playing around with my blog and haven't decided what I want to stitch on. I'll pick something to work on during Survivor though.


Stitching Rules

Today’s SBQ was once again suggested by AngelSan and is:

Do you have rules in the way you stitch? (i.e., Do you start in the middle? Do you determine which blocks to stitch first? Do you always start from the top or the bottom? Do you have special paths to prevent wasting thread?)


It all depends on the design. Often I will start in the middle. When the stitched area covers most of the fabric I sometimes start at the bottom and work upwards. If the chart has several pages or sections I work them one at a time starting with the first one.

No comments: