My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

December 14, 2005

Blogging SBQ

Today’s SBQ isn’t about stitching: It is about blogging and was suggested by AngelSan.

Take a minute to reflect on your blog reading habits and preferences. What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?


I like blogs that have variety to them. While I enjoy talk about stitching I also like to hear about people's lives and I enjoy hearing how others feel about different issues. I enjoy the stitching posts that have progress photos and stories about the experiences the stitcher had while working on the piece. I feel a whole lot better about my slow progress when I read that someone else had to rip out a section and got angry and threw the fabric across the room. And I love the bloggers who list the pattern name and designer. I don't have a local lns so I enjoy seeing designers and patterns I am not familiar with online. And I also enjoy all the pet and family photos.

I love to find new memes, quizzes and cute things for my blog from other stitchers blogs. I try not to let them influence me too much when it comes to stitching. I find that I can get discouraged easily when I see others finishing big projects quickly and I can't seem to get through one myself.

No comments: