My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

January 7, 2016

Thursday Morning

Since I last posted I have actually started stitching.  I spent an hour stitching and watching Castle.  I didn't get very far but it is a start.  Will is going to make a working copy of the chart for me today which will help a lot.

I worked on Monday and was surprised that an old manager has returned to replace the one we lost.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.  There are many good points but a few not so good as well.

I spent the next two days cleaning and working on the budget and grocery shopping.  I've gone back to Flylady to help but I don't follow it completely.  It's overwhelming and I start to obsess.  I do find that some of the basics and missions are a good way to get back on track when the house is a mess.  Things like a load of laundry a day and keeping up with the dishes and mail make a big difference. Her first mission for the week was to shine your sink.  It took three loads of dishes and two days before I could do that!  I got started on dishes but we did so much cooking and baking I just couldn't catch up.

We are resolving to not touch our cards and to eat the food we buy.  This takes work and planning but we are doing it together which should make it work.  It is hard.  We are so used to running to the store or out to eat or many other things and using our cards.  It's just easier than making do.  This is a huge challenge for us.

Well I am off to work this morning.  I hope it goes well.  You never know what it is going to be like.



No comments: