My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

August 2, 2012

Frederick the Literate

I have finally finished Frederick the Literate.  As you can see I am so tired of looking at this one that I did not wash or iron it for the photo.  It's going in the drawer for a while before I frame it.  In the fall/winter of 2010/2011 I had stitched the bottom shelf up through the owl.  In the summer of 2011 someone started a stitch along for Maggie the Messmaker on 123 Stitch and I joined in with Frederick and finished the bottom shelf.  I set it aside to stitch for Halloween in late August of that year.  This year I picked it back up during the last week of May and vowed to finish it by Labor Day.  I finished on July 29th a month earlier than I expected.   It was supposed to be stitched on black which looks great but I despise stitching on black.  I used a beige color instead.  Frederick looks like my dear Gus who I miss terribly.

1 comment:

Shebafudge said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations.