Right after finishing all my Halloween stitching I decided to abandon work on Frederick the Literate for a while and work on a Christmas project. I chose the mouse in the ornament box that seems to be popular on the 123 Stitch board every year.
At first this was fun. I stitched two ornaments along with the box around them and all the details. That seemed to go very slowly. Then I decided to only stitch the outline of each section of the box and work on each ornament, leaving the box walls and details for later. I finally finished them by the end of November and started on the walls of the ornament box. What should have been easy with only two colors and no need to refer to the chart started to drag. I started to feel like I would never finish and fought the temptation to stop and start something new. I finally finished the last 2 walls last night.
This morning I stitched the area behind the ornaments, the back stitching and started the border around the entire box. I finished the first one before time to get ready for work. I feel like I have turned a corner and things are moving at a better pace now. I may just have this done by the end of next week.