My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

November 30, 2010

I'm Back

After almost a year hiatus I am back.  So much has changed in the past year.  I am now a "one at a time" stitcher and only working on things for myself.  I'm no longer doing exchanges or any stitch along that involves starting something new.  Lately I'm in the mood to finish UFO's that became UFO's because I got involved with other projects.  I've started doing more than just stitching in my free time.  I've been teaching myself to crochet more than just granny squares.  I've joined a reading group.  I've been doing puzzles and playing games including online, Wii and board games.  I'm working a new shift so I have been able to spend some time in the mornings with my husband which is nice. 

Right now I am working on a penguin ornament by Mosey and Me from one of the JCS issues that has been sitting around partially stitched in a bag for a couple of years now.  It's really cute but I don't enjoy stitching it.  There is a big white area stitched on pale blue gingham checked linen and it's just boring to work on.

I'm working on a crocheted jacket but it's going slow.  I'm using the big chunky Lion wool/acrylic blend yarn in sky blue.  This is the first project I have attempted that wasn't a hat, scarf or granny square afghan. 

DH and I are having a heated battle trying to get more bells run than the other in Harvest Moon Animal Parade on the Wii. 

Tomorrow is the 1st and I want to get the sewing machine out and do the finishing on some ornaments and a pillow I stitched.  Then since I have the day off it's the perfect day to put up the tree.  And at some point DH and I want to go see Harry Potter.  But for now it's time to get ready for work.  It's one of those nights that it's cold and I would rather stay home and watch tv but that doesn't pay the bills or buy stash. 

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You know I've thought about you wondering if you were doing ok! I've been on the no exchanges (except a very few personal ones with hand picked people) too for the last couple of years and I am much happier :)
WELCOME BACK!

Janice said...

You stitching plan sounds like a good one.
I also have several UFOs that need to be finished. Happy Stitching!