November 17, 2008
Houses and Birds
Saturday and Sunday I worked on Sea to Shining Sea by LHN. Before I started I was a little worried by talk on the internet that there might not be enough floss in the chartpacks to stitch with two strands on my 32 count Lugana. When I finished this first house I had a lot left over. I could have probably even used 28 count fabric. Since the rows were not long I did not stitch each X individually which takes more floss and the variegation still looks nice.
The current challenge at Let's Stitch is working on Christmas projects. That fits in great with my plans. I'm going to set other stitching aside and try like crazy to finish these birds in the next 2 or 3 weeks. There are two more birds with greenery left to go and then lots of backstitching.