My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

October 9, 2008

Back in August I wrote about the neighbors sweet cat who sat at my mailbox every day. We had nicknamed him Tank because he was so big and we didn't know his real name. I'd ask him if anything good came in the mail and he would meow and beg to have his ears scratched. When I got home from work tonight and let the dog out I saw him laying in my tulip bed and he didn't look right. I could tell before I got to him that he had died and we had to go tell his owners. Turns out his name was Cosmo. I think he had been hit by a car because his fur was dirty. I wish the people around here wouldn't let their cats outside because there is just too much traffic and too many kitties get hit. I'm going to miss seeing him at the mailbox every morning.

I finished my SBEBB Pumpkin Patch exchange this week. I actually stitched it twice because I had been planning to stitch the design for myself as well and decided to go ahead and do it. Tonight maybe I'll pull out Castle Sampler. I'm not sure I feel like stitching.

1 comment:

Shelleen said...

I am so sorry to hear about the kitty. It is so sad to lose a pet even if it isn't your own. I lost mine to a car a month ago and am still having a hard time with it. I didn't want him outside but he kept sneaking out so some cats just do not want to be indoor cats no matter how hard you try.