My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

April 28, 2008

SBQ Blended Threads

The most recent SBQ asked how we handle blended threads. For Castle Sampler I cut all the floss into pieces the same size and then wrapped them on bobbins. I match the two colors as I go. Occasionally I use blended threads when I don't have or don't want to buy an overdyed floss and I match them as I go in these situations as well.

Speaking of Castle Sampler I'm finding it hard to stitch on big pieces right now. I'm not even doing much on small ones. The trees are blooming and I am suffering with a rash I get every year due to my allergies. The rash is too itchy and painful to hold fabric but the medication is even worse. It relieves the rash but makes me tired and I feel like I don't have the energy or ability to concentrate. It also causes me to have very vivid and strange dreams. Luckily this will go away in about a month but for now it's annoying.

No comments: