My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

November 4, 2005

Cat Update

I finally seem to be making progress with my Lanarte cat. I've recorded a bunch of tv shows I like and have started setting aside a couple of hours each afternoon to stitch while I watch them. It's better than trying to find something good on afternoon tv. I like to have mini marathons of my favorite soaps and shows instead of taking my chances that Dr. Phil will be interesting that day. I actually like Dr. Phil but it never fails when I have time to watch him it's a re-run or something I am not interested in.

Back in the summer when I started this cat I would stitch for hours and feel like I hadn't made any progress. I was in a big stitching slump at the time and ended up setting him aside to learn to knit and do some crochet projects. I have this wonderful feeling alpaca yarn I have been working with to make a shawl. Knitting bothers my carpal tunnel more than cross stitch so I can't do it for long periods of time. I'm learning to knit on a machine now which is a lot easier on the wrists.

I am itching to start a new project but I have made a promise to myself to finish the cat first. I finally got the last two of six Lanarte farm animals I have been collecting and I want to start them for my kitchen. I have a big bare wall all ready for them. The look nice with the farm kitchen accessories my mom gave me. I wish I could play hookey from work and stay home tonight and stitch.

No comments: