My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

April 18, 2011

Finishes

I finished a number of things recently to share with you. Not just cross stitch finishes either.


First I finished reading The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party By Alexander McCall Smith. My friend Mike and I went to see him speak at Mt. Holyoke College last month and got an autographed copy of the book. I'm sending it to mom for mother's day. She loves the No. 1 Ladies Detective agency as much as I do and has sent me several of the books. He said there are going to be two more movies made from the series and I am looking forward to them.



I have finished two Easter ornaments and have hung them on a little tree I found at Target. The first is Dew Drop by Just Nan stitched with DMC on a Silkweaver Solo Lugana. The second is Bunny Egg Mini by Waxing Moon stitched with "Friendship" Dragon Floss over one on 25 count white lugana.


I also finished Berry Patch Rabbit by Cedar Hill stitched on one of Sassy's hand painted fabrics (I've lost the bag with the color name.) using Victoria Clayton hand dyed silk.

My other finishes were not so photo worthy. We made the last payment on our car. I hemmed two new pairs of pants for work which I had been putting off. I also finished what is hopefully my last double shift at work.

In the upcoming weeks and months I hope to finish two more major projects. One is cleaning and organizing the basement which is still a mess after flooding. The other is to finish one of my UFOs, 5th Day by Crossed Wing. At this point both projects seem never ending. Hopefully a few weeks from now I will be able to look back and see some progress.

No comments: