My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

December 4, 2008

Christmas Meme

Found this on Mel's Blog and it looked like fun.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
My wrapped packages don't look so great so I use bags if it's not for family.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial but I love how real ones smell.
3. When do you put up the tree?
I try to put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
After January 6th.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes! Yum!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Cassette recorder.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My sister - she has everything!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Mike
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I collect them.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I don't send cards any more. Everyone on our list stopped sending cards so we did too.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Most of the worst ones have been from "Secret Santa" gift exchanges at work. I think these are a waste of money and time unless you are very close to your co-workers. I don't care much for Santa Claus and I don't decorate with Santa themed items. We got a lot of Santa themed stuff every year when we were kids and I have just never really liked it. One year for a work gift exchange my partner let her kids pick the gift and they chose plush Santa dolls. They weren't even cute! My DH recognized what store they came from because he used to work there and he exchanged them for a new shirt he liked. I still wonder what possessed this person to let their kids pick a gift for their co-worker.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Love Actually
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I usually start when they put all the summer stuff on clearance for back to school. Our family birthdays are all between November and January so I start early.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. The one that comes to mind is a gift basket of goodies that I got. I liked it but DH needed a last minute gift for someone in his office so we used the basket of goodies which was still wrapped. The recipient loved it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas cookies.
16. Lights on the tree?
Clear/white lights that came on the pre-lit tree. I prefer colors.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Work :( Which is why we celebrate on Christmas Eve.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No! I tried this on a quiz recently and couldn't do it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We had an angel but it broke and I am looking for a star this year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The Christmas music in the stores and at work that is not traditional.
I hate some of the new odd versions of songs.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Woodland animals and birds.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Lamb
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Stash of course!
And Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility and Animal Crossing City Folk.

No comments: