My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

November 18, 2008

Ugh...


Last night I had plans to stitch diligently on my birds but it didn't happen. Mike's cat Nikki was feeling sick after getting his shots. He was shivering, favoring the areas where they injected him, and cried when we picked him up. I felt sorry for him so I brought him to my bed and turned on the heated mattress pad. I sat down to stitch and after 30 minutes had done only about 20 stitches when I decided to crawl into bed myself. My knees and ankle were hurting from the cold, arthritis and standing on my feet at work. I woke up around 11pm and both Nikki and I felt a lot better. In fact Nikki was back to his old self. He can't fool me into babying him more either. The ladies (Abby Tabby, Callie and Mama Gus) tolerate him being in my room when he's sick but this morning they were back to growling at him. The only male allowed in this bedroom is my DH according to the ladies LOL!

This morning the second house for From Sea To Shining Sea was in my mailbox. It's the southwestern house and it's so cute! I want to stitch it now! But I made a commitment to finish those birds so the house will have to be a reward incentive.

No comments: