My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

October 24, 2008

Blogoversary

Today is my 3 year blogoversary for this blog however I have been blogging longer than this. I switched to blogger when we dropped our old internet account and I lost my blog hosted there.

So many things have changed in the past 3 years. I see photos of cats on a sofa we no longer have and a cat and a rat that have crossed Rainbow Bridge. There's a photo of the car we bought and a post about redecorating our bedroom. My friend Mike has had 3 cancer surgeries, 2 rounds of chemo and most recently a hernia surgery and is now in remission. My husband has gone through some major changes at his job and so have I.

As I write we are facing more changes. Soon we are going to loose some of our huge maple trees due to the infestation of Asian Longhorn beetles. I am sick over this. One thing we loved about this house when we bought it was the trees. I hope we don't loose all of them.

Three years ago I had just started participating in exchanges. At one point most of my stitching was exchanges. I cut back this year and I am going to cut back even more for 2009 and continue to participate in only one exchange group, Hooked on Exchanging. I won't be participating in the Stitching Bloggers Birthday Exchange group this year and The Pumpkin Patch exchange will be my last one for the SBEBB. I have enjoyed being part of both groups and have met some wonderful stitchers there. I'll still look forward to seeing what everyone is exchanging on your blogs. The cost of exchanges is one thing I'm taking into consideration but the time involved is the biggest reason. I want to spend some time stitching for myself, participating in a couple of SALs I pretty much abandoned this year, and doing more sewing and other projects I never get around to working on. I also found myself not having as much time to spend with my book group as I would like.

Hopefully this next year of blogging will be a good one and I will have a lot of photos and good stories to share.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Happy Blogoversary, Chris.

All the best to you for the year ahead.