My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things

November 6, 2005

fog

We went walking again this morning in the fog. We walked along this old railroad track for a while until we turned off and followed some smaller trails through the woods. It was just foggy and overcast enough that the trunks and limbs of some of the small trees blended into the colors of the water and landscape. The few remaining bright yellow leaves on them seemed to be floating in mid-air and it looked surreal. I tried but couldn't get a decent picture of this effect. Most of the colors of the forest were muted from the fog but occasionally you would take a turn in the trail and suddenly see a tree with especially bright fall leaves, a patch of vivid green moss or bright blue-green lichens on a tree limb. This afternoon the fog has become much thicker and you can barely see the buildings across the street from our house.

In stitching news I accomplished one of my November goals. I have finished one complete page of the chart for the Castle Sampler. The kit I bought had the chart broken into two large and two small pages. I finished one of the large ones that I started around 1998. I will finish this UFO yet.

I started thinking about stitching something for our 10th wedding anniversary this past week. I figure if I start looking for a design now I'll have time to buy the chart and supplies in time to start stitching on our 9th anniversary this February. Then I'll have a year to finish it. I'm not sure what I want to stitch. I looked at Hoffman and on several designer's sites but nothing has grabbed my attention yet.

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

That is so pretty! It looks so peaceful.

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! I love fall and all the colors.

I'm impressed with your TW Castle, that's a complicated project and it's looking so nice. :)